- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cans (about 5 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, milk, pimientos, if desired, peas, tuna and noodles in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl.
- Bake the tuna mixture for 20 minutes or until hot. Stir the tuna mixture. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread crumb mixture is golden brown.
- For a crunchy, flavorful onion topping, substitute 1 can (2.8 ounces) French Fried Onions (about 1⅓ cups), crushed, for the bread crumb and butter mixture.
- For Chicken Noodle Casserole, substitute 2 cups cubed cooked chicken for the tuna.
- For Sriracha Tuna Noodle Casserole, stir 1 tablespoon sriracha into the tuna mixture before baking. Substitute 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips for the bread crumb and butter mixture.
- For a large batch, use 2 cans soup, 1 cup milk, ¼ cup pimiento, two 12-ounce cans tuna, 6 ounces (about 4 cups) egg noodles, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon butter. Bake in a 2-quart casserole for 30 minutes or until hot, then for another 5 to brown the bread crumb mixture.