- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 16-ounce can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 16-once can red beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 4.5-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- ¾ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Toppings: tortilla chips, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado
In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
Spray 3½ to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place beef and remaining ingredients except toppings.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours. Garnish each serving with toppings.
- For a vegetarian soup, omit the beef and substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
- Substitute black beans, red kidney beans or chick peas for the red beans or pinto beans.