Yield: 5 servings
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on
- 1 pound Chicken thighs, boneless/skinless
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 inch Ginger root, grated
- 3 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 5 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 10 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Coconut milk (from the carton)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (to top)
- 1 teaspoon Guar gum
De-bone chicken on the bone-in chicken thighs. Chop all chicken into bite sized pieces.
Add chicken to slow cooker and grate 1 inch knob of ginger over the top. Then add all dry spices into the slow cooker.
Add canned diced tomatoes and tomato paste into slow cooker, then mix well again.
Lastly, add ½ cup coconut milk and mix together thoroughly. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Once the slow cooker is done, add remaining coconut milk, heavy cream, and guar gum and mix thoroughly into the chicken. It should help the curry thicken well. Serve with side of your choice.