Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Yield: 8 servings
- Bulk pork sausage: 1 Pounds
- Celery, chopped: 1 Cups
- Onion, chopped: 1/4 Cups
- Green bell pepper, chopped: 1/2 Cups
- Red bell pepper, chopped: 1/2 Cups
- Can chopped green chiles, undrained: 1 Each
- White Bread, cut into cubes: 4 Cups
- Eggs: 4 Each
- Milk: 3 Cups
- Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup: 1 Each
- Shredded Cheddar cheese: 12 Ounces
Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir the celery, onion and peppers in the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chiles. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Place half the bread cubes into a lightly greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Layer with the sausage mixture and remaining bread cubes. Beat the eggs and milk in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes.
Bake at 350ºF. for 45 minutes. Spoon the soup over the casserole. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.