Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Yield: 6 servings
- Sweet Italian pork sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces: 1 Pounds
- Celery, sliced: 1 Cups
- Onion, chopped: 1 Cups
- Green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips: 1 1/2 Cups
- Red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips: 1 1/2 Cups
- Cloves garlic, minced: 3 Each
- Dried thyme, crushed: 1 Teaspoons
- Uncooked brown rice: 1 Cups
- Uncooked wild rice: 1/2 Cups
- Chicken Broth or Chicken Stock: 3 1/2 Cups
- Chopped fresh parsley: 2 Tablespoons
Cook the sausage in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often. Stir in the celery, onion, peppers, garlic and thyme and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Stir the brown rice, wild rice and broth in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir in the parsley.