- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach (4 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook Italian sausage over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add onion and garlic; continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Stir in gnocchi and spinach; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until gnocchi begins to float. Stir in whipping cream; serve.
- Add ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper for a little spicy heat.