Yield: 20-25 balls
- 5 tablespoons dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 to 12)
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder (about 35 grams; I used Vega)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Chop chocolate chips with a knife and set aside in a small bowl.
Add peanuts to a food processor or high-speed blender. Process nuts until a creamy peanut butter forms.
Add dates and mix until smooth.
Add in the protein powder until thoroughly combined.
Lastly, add the applesauce and mix until a creamy, thick dough forms.
Roll dough into 22 balls, coat each ball with the chopped chocolate, and place on a plate.
Enjoy immediately, or if you like a firmer consistency, refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.