Yield: RECIPE YIELD
- 8 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 small zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- ½ cup diced Boars Head pepperoni – use lean pepperoni, NOT fatty turkey pepperoni
- 1 Roma tomato,cut in half, squeezed of seeds and diced
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin papers and set aside. You can also use Ramekins or Custard Cups if you prefer.
In a blender pulse the egg yolks and cottage cheese until smooth – transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, zucchini, pepperoni and tomato.
In a separate medium bowl add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat on high speed until fluffy with stiff peaks.
Gently fold the egg whites into the âpizzaâ yolk mixture until just combined.
Carefully spoon into each of 12 cups.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until puffed and golden.
Serve with warmed marinara sauce and additional Parmesan, if desired.