- 1 package (16 oz) frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 tablespoon water
- 7 oz kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), very softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- â teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ½ cup thinly diagonally sliced green onions
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Place frozen pierogies and water in medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High 2 minutes; stir. Continue microwaving on High 1½ to 2 minutes until thawed. Place pierogies evenly in casserole. Top with sausage.
In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth and pepper with whisk. Stir in ½ cup of the Cheddar cheese and ⅓ cup of the green onions (reserve remaining onions for topping).
Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Cover with foil; bake 22 to 27 minutes or until center is heated through and temperature reaches 165°F.
Uncover, and top with remaining cheese; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with reserved green onions.