- 1 pound ground spicy Italian sausage
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 container (32 oz) chicken broth (4 cups)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into 1- to 2-inch pieces (from 16-oz box)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
In 5- to 5½-quart Dutch oven, cook Italian sausage and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is brown and onion is tender; drain.
Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, pepper and lasagna noodles. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
Serve soup with Parmesan and ricotta cheese.