Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 6 servings
- Butter: 3 Tablespoons
- Small onion, finely chopped: 1 Each
- Green bell pepper, finely chopped: 1/2 Each
- Medium potatoes, peeled: 2 Each
- Finely diced cooked ham: 1 Cups
- Salt, or to taste: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Ground black pepper: 1/8 Teaspoons
- Dried crumbled thyme: 1/4 Teaspoons
Cut the potatoes in half, cook in a saucepan of simmering water until not quite done and still firm, about 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Drain. Dice to 1/2-inch thick pieces. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium low to medium heat. Add onion, cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the chopped bell pepper, cook another 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cook hash until well browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.