Source: Aunt Nicky
Yield: 8 servings
- Bisquick Original baking mix: 1 1/2 Cups
- Sugar: 1/2 Cups
- Milk or water: 1/2 Cups
- Shortening: 2 Tablespoons
- Vanilla: 1 Teaspoons
- Egg: 1 Each
- Flaked coconut for topping: 1/2 Cups
- Packed brown sugar for topping: 1/3 Cups
- Chopped nuts for topping: 1/4 Cups
- Margarine or butter, softened for topping: 3 Tablespoons
- Milk for topping: 2 Tablespoons
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 8-inch square pan or 9-inch round pan.
Beat all ingredients except topping in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly.
Make Topping (stir together all ingredients); spread over cake. Set oven control to Broil. Broil about 3 inches from heat about 3 minutes or until golden brown.