Source: Food Network: Cooking for Real
Yield: 6 servings
- Salt: 2 Pinches
- String beans: 1/2 Pounds
- Spanish olives, sliced: 1/4 Cups
- Roasted red pepper, chopped: 1/4 Cups
- Red onion, chopped: 1/2 Cups
- Provolone cheese, cubed: 1 Cups
- Salami, cubed: 2 Cups
- Red wine vinegar: 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar: 2 Teaspoons
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1/2 Cups
- Freshly ground black pepper: 2 Pinches
Fill a large bowl with a handful of ice and water. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and cook until tender but still crunchy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath to cool. Drain beans on paper towels, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
In a large serving bowl toss together beans, olives, red pepper, onion, cheese, and salami. In a separate bowl whisk in order, the red wine vinegar, sugar, oil and black pepper, to taste. Pour over salad, toss and serve.