Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 6 servings
- Olive oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Shallots, chopped: 3 Each
- Large garlic cloves, chopped: 2 Each
- Sweet Italian sausage, casings removed: 1/2 Pounds
- Spicy or hot Italian sausage, casings removed: 1/2 Pounds
- Whipping cream: 1 Cups
- 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice: 2 Each
- Dried sage: 1 Tablespoons
- Fettuccine: 3/4 Pounds
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1/2 Cups
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sautÃ© until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add sausages and sautÃ© until no longer pink, breaking up the sausages a bit, about 5 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices. Add sage. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Return pasta to same pot; add sauce. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.