- 1¼ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, minced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch long strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 can (10½ ounces) condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 package (about 8 ounces) udon noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season the chicken as desired.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shallot to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soup, coconut milk and curry paste and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lime juice. Season to taste. Serve the chicken mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Note that the blend of spices in the curry paste varies by brand, so different brands can have different heat levels. You might want to adjust the amount of curry paste in this recipe to factor in the brand’s heat level.
- Substitution of extra firm tofu for the chicken works very well.