Yield: 4 calzones
- Large egg: 1 Each
- Shredded reggiano parmigiano: 1/2 Cups
- Part-skim ricotta: 15 Ounces
- Broccoli florets, steamed: 3 Cups
- Red pepper flakes: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Freshly ground black pepper: 1 Teaspoons
- Kosher salt: 3 Teaspoons
- Minced garlic: 1 Teaspoons
- Medium onion, finely chopped: 1 Each
- Olive oil: 1 Tablespoons
- 14-ounce tubes pizza dough: 2 Each
- 25-ounce jar marinara sauce: 1 Each
Preheat oven to 400º. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 1 tsp salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and broccoli; cook until hated through. Remove from heat; let cool.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, and 1 tsp salt. Add broccoli mixture and stir to combine. Divide each tube of pizza dough into 2 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into an 8-inch round. Divide broccoli-cheese mixture evenly among 4 rounds of dough.
Gently pull half of dough over filling to make a half-moon shape. Fold bottom edge over top edge and pinch firmly to seal. Brush calzone tops lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining salt. Transfer to a large, foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake calzones until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.