- ½ pound, thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 pound pork bratwurst, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) beer
- 1 can (10½ ounces) condensed French onion soup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound fresh sauerkraut, drained (about 3 cups)
- Cook the bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and let drain on paper towels. Pour off the drippings.
- Add the bratwurst to the skillet and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the beer, soup, brown sugar, sauerkraut and bacon in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the bratwurst is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.