Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Yield: 6 servings
- All-purpose white flour: 1/4 Cups
- Butter: 1/4 Cups
- White wine: 1/4 Cups
- Water: 2 Cups
- Medium-size onion, sliced: 1 Each
- Diced peeled potatoes or 8 small unpeeled red potatoes, diced: 3 Cups
- Scallops: 1 Pounds
- Haddock or cod, cut in bite-size pieces: 1 Pounds
- Light cream or milk: 2 Cups
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste: 1 Pinches
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a 9-inch by 13-inch pan, combine the fish, scallops, potatoes, onion, wine, and water. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a paste. Add the cream or milk and stir until thickened. Add to the baking pan along with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and continue baking for another 30 minutes. Stir well before serving.