Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Yield: 8 servings
- Medium potatoes, cut into quarters: 4 Each
- Fresh or frozen whole baby carrots: 2 Cups
- Stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces: 1 Each
- Medium Italian plum tomato, diced: 1 Each
- Beef bottom round roast or beef chuck pot roast: 2 1/2 Pounds
- Ground black pepper: 1/2 Teaspoons
- 10-3/4 ounce can condensed tomato soup: 1 Each
- Water: 1/2 Cups
- Chopped roasted garlic or chopped fresh garlic: 1 Tablespoons
- Dried basil leaves, crushed: 1 Teaspoons
- Dried oregano leaves, crushed: 1 Teaspoons
- Dried parsley flakes, crushed: 1 Teaspoons
- Vinegar: 1 Teaspoons
Place potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. Season roast with pepper and place on top.
Mix soup, water, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar. Pour over all.
Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours, on high 5 to 6 hours, or until done.
For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water.
Remove roast from cooker. Stir flour mixture into cooker, cover and cook on high about 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
To roast garlic, place whole garlic bulb on piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil and wrap. Roast at 350 F for 45 minutes or until soft. Peel and chop garlic.