Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Yield: 36 mushrooms
- Olive oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Butter: 2 Tablespoons
- Diced onion: 1/4 Cups
- Cloves garlic, minced: 2 Each
- Pepperoncini peppers or to taste, seeded and minced: 6 Each
- Prosciutto, diced: 3 Ounces
- Medium tomato, seeded and diced: 1 Each
- Italian-seasoned bread crumbs: 1/2 Cups
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1/2 Cups
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1 Tablespoons
- White mushrooms, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, stems removed: 36 Each
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium-sized skillet saute oil, butter, and onion over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, pepperoncini, and prosciutto. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bread crumbs, remove from heat, and stir until crumbs are thoroughly mixed in and moistened.
Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; stir until incorporated.
Firmly pack a generous tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake 20 minutes.