Yield: 4 servings
- Soy sauce: 1/2 Cups
- Chopped fresh ginger root: 1 Teaspoons
- Clove garlic, minced: 1 Each
- Green onion, sliced: 1 Each
- Sesame seeds: 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar, divided: 6 Tablespoons
- Albacore tuna steaks: 4 Each
- Sesame oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste: 1 Pinches
Rub the albacore steaks with 4 tablespoons sugar. Allow to sit 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
In a skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar, toasted sesame seeds, green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Place the albacore steaks in the mixture, and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven broiler.
Discard marinade, and place the albacore steaks on a baking sheet. Broil to desired doneness in the preheated oven.