Source: The Old Farmer’s Alamanac
Yield: 3 loaves
- Strawberry preserves: 1 Cups
- Cream of tartar: 1 Teaspoons
- Baking soda: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt: 1 Teaspoons
- All-purpose white flour: 3 Cups
- Eggs: 4 Each
- Lemon extract: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Vanilla extract: 1 Teaspoons
- White sugar: 1 1/2 Cups
- Butter, at room temperature: 1 Cups
- Sour cream: 1/2 Cups
- Chopped nuts: 1 Cups
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pans.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract until soft. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda, and cream of tartar. In a third bowl, combine the preserves, sour cream, and nuts. Add the preserves mixture alternately with the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Spoon into the loaf pans.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the loaves comes out clean. Cool on racks for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to cool completely.