Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 16 servings
- Soy sauce: 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
- Rice vinegar, seasoned or unseasoned: 3 Tablespoons
- Lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves: 1 1/3 Cups
- Thinly sliced green onions, including greens: 1 1/3 Cups
- Thinly sliced radishes: 1 1/3 Cups
- Snow peas, strings removed, rinsed and thinly sliced: 12 Ounces
- Coarsely shredded napa cabbage: 1 Pounds
- Slivered almonds: 2/3 Cups
- Clove peeled and minced garlic: 1 Each
- Asian sesame oil: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Ground ginger: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Cayenne powder: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Mayonnaise: 1 Cups
Spread almond slivers out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in a 350ºF oven for 5-10 minutes, until nicely browned. Set aside.
Combine cabbage, snow peas, radishes, green onions, cilantro in a large bowl. Can make this step a day or two ahead.
In a separate bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, and cayenne until sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the mayonnaise.
When ready to serve, gently combine the dressing and almonds with the cabbage mixture.