Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Yield: 6 servings
- Small bunch asparagus: 1 Each
- Bay or sea scallops: 1/2 Pounds
- Chicken broth: 6 Cups
- Yellow onion, chopped: 1 Each
- Butter: 3 Tablespoons
- Arborio rice: 1 1/2 Cups
- Heavy cream: 2 Tablespoons
- Grated Parmesan: 1/2 Cups
- Salt and pepper, to taste: 2 Pinches
Cut asparagus into 2-inch lengths, steam briefly, drain, and set aside. Poach scallops in lightly salted water and keep warm with asparagus.
Meanwhile, heat broth. Saute onion in butter; add rice to onion and stir over low heat for about 3 minutes. Add hot broth, a half cup at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding more.
Continue until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; add cream, Parmesan, scallops, and asparagus; and season to taste.