Yield: 6 servings
- Butter: 1 Tablespoons
- Olive oil: 1 Tablespoons
- Finely chopped onion: 1/4 Cups
- Chopped fresh garlic: 2 Tablespoons
- Tomato sauce: 1 Cups
- Cherry tomatoes, halved: 15 Each
- Chopped green olives: 1/2 Cups
- Deli marinated Italian vegetable salad, drained and coarsely chopped: 1/4 Cups
- Black pepper: 1 Pinches
- Cayenne pepper: 1 Pinches
- Paprika: 1 Pinches
- 4-ounce cod fillets: 6 Each
Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions and garlic until onions are slightly tender, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes, and bring to a simmer.
Stir in green olives and marinated vegetables, and season with black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
Cook cod fillets in sauce over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Serve immediately.