8 servings/1 loaf
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon instant yeast
- Set Sous Vide Immersion Cooker to 95°F.
- Measure out water and add instant yeast. Transfer into a resealable ziplock. Place in 95°F bath for the yeast to start working. This will take around 10-15 minutes.
- While your yeast and water is working, in another bowl measure out flour and mix in kosher salt.
- Once the yeast has activated (bubbling) combine your water to your dry ingredients and mix well by hand until in a round shape, but still loose. Place in a glass bowl. It can look a little wet at first but we’ll give it time to proof and will be adding a bit more flour later.
- Set Sous Vide Immersion Cooker to 80°F, optimal proofing temperature. Add some cool water to bring temp down quicker if needed.
- Float the bowl directly on top of the water bath. The weight of the dough will submerge the bowl a few inches, surrounding the dough with the perfect temp needed to proof. Proof 1-2 hours until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 475°F with dutch oven inside. Preheat for 30-45 minutes. You want your dutch oven to be very hot.
- Remove dough from bowl, shape into a round loaf, adding small amounts of flour as needed to form into shape.
- Carefully remove dutch oven from oven, place bread dough in the dutch oven, put the lid on, and return to the oven to 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, remove the lid and bake for 15 more minutes until golden brown.