Yield: 4 servings
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 20 ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup basil pesto (from 7 ounce container)
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo pasta sauce
Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate, leaving drippings in skillet.
In same skillet, cook bell pepper in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to medium bowl.
Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper. In same skillet, cook chicken breasts in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until brown. Place chicken breasts in ungreased 11×7-inch (2-quart) baking dish.
In medium bowl, stir bell pepper, pesto and Alfredo sauce until well blended. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Sprinkle with chopped bacon.
- Serve these chicken breasts over a cooked white and wild rice blend.
- A salad of mixed greens and sliced red pears would complement this easy chicken bake.
- Serve with crusty French loaf.
Per serving: Calories 650, Calories from Fat 440; % Daily Value Total Fat 48g 74% Saturated Fat 24g 121% Trans Fat 1 1/2g; Cholesterol 200mg 67%; Sodium 750mg 31%; Potassium 470mg 13%; Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%; Dietary Fiber 1g 5%; Sugars 3g, Protein 41g.