- ¼ cup butter
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- ¼ cup organic tomato paste (from 6 ounce can)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chicken broth (from 32 ounce carton)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Spray 3½ to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until browned. Spoon chicken mixture into slow cooker.
Stir in remaining ingredients except whipping cream until well blended. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in center (165°F).
Stir in whipping cream. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.