Yield: 4 servings
- Red bell pepper, sliced and chopped: 1/4 Cups
- Roasted peanuts, chopped: 1/4 Cups
- Green onions, thinly sliced: 1/4 Cups
- Cilantro, coarsely chopped: 1/2 Cups
- Soy sauce – dressing: 2 Tablespoons
- Vermicelli: 8 Ounces
- Honey – dressing: 3 Tablespoons
- Dried red or chili pepper, crushed – dressing: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Dark sesame oil – dressing: 3 Tablespoons
- Grapeseed or corn oil – dressing: 1/4 Cups
- Sesame seeds, toasted: 1 Tablespoons
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan in salted boiling water, according to directions on pasta package. Drain but do not rinse.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a microwave-safe dish, heat the vegetable oil, sesame oil, and red pepper, in the microwave on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the honey and soy sauce and mix well.
Combine the drained pasta with the dressing in a large bowl until the pasta is well coated. Cover and chill for several hours.
When ready to serve, mix in the cilantro, peanuts, green onions and bell pepper. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.