Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Yield: 32 pieces
- Sliced smoked salmon: 4 Ounces
- Fresh, best quality ricotta cheese: 1 Pounds
- Clove garlic, sliced in half: 1 Each
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1/4 Cups
- Fresh baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices: 1 Each
- Freshly ground black pepper: 1 Pinches
Preheat oven to 375º. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush each bread slice on one side with olive oil, then rub with the raw side of the garlic clove. Place slices on a cookie sheet and bake approximately 10 minutes, until edges just begin to brown. Remove toasted bread and cool on racks.
On each piece of toast, spread a heaping tablespoon of fresh ricotta, then lay a strip of smoked salmon on top. Season with pepper to taste, then garnish with chopped chives and, if desired, lemon slices.