Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
Yield: 12 muffins
- Chopped pecans – streusel topping: 1/2 Cups
- Fresh or frozen whole unsweetened raspberries, divided: 1 Cups
- Egg, beaten: 1 Each
- Butter, melted: 1/2 Cups
- Milk: 1/2 Cups
- Baking powder: 2 Teaspoons
- Sugar: 1/2 Cups
- Flour: 1 1/2 Cups
- Brown sugar – streusel topping: 1/4 Cups
- Flour – streusel topping: 1/4 Cups
- Butter, melted – streusel topping: 2 Tablespoons
In large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In a small bowl, blend milk, butter and egg. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into twelve greased muffin cups. Divide half the raspberries among cups; top with remaining batter, then remaining raspberries.
For topping, combine pecans, brown sugar, flour, and melted butter until mixture resembles moist crumbs. Sprinkle over muffin batter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully remove from pans.