Source: Nibblous Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
- Diced butternut squash cut in 1/2-inch pieces: 4 Cups
- Olive oil: 1/4 Cups
- Garlic cloves, minced: 4 Each
- Water: 1/4 Cups
- Grated nutmeg: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Powdered sage: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Minced fresh parsley: 1/4 Cups
- Salt: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Freshly ground black pepper: 2 Pinches
- Penne pasta, uncooked: 1 Pounds
- Grated fresh parmesan: 2 Pinches
Heat oil on medium heat. SautÃ© squash in oil 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
Pour in water, spices and herbs and cover. Cook 5-10 minutes until squash is tender.
Cook penne until al dente. Drain and toss gently with squash. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parmesan.