Source: Steamy Kitchen
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil: 1 Tablespoons
- Red pepper flakes: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter: 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped parsley, plus extra reserved for garnishing: 1 Tablespoons
- All purpose flour, sifted, plus more for dusting: 3/4 Cups
- Lemon zest, plus extra reserved for garnishing: 1 Teaspoons
- Kosher salt: 1 Teaspoons
- Egg yolk: 1 Each
- Freshly grated parmegiano reggiano, plus extra reserved for garnishing: 1/2 Cups
- Whole milk ricotta: 1 Cups
Combine ricotta, parmagiano, yolk, zest and salt in large bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle half of the flour on the mixture, gently turn with spatula a few times to incorporate. Dump mixture on clean, lightly floured countertop. Sprinkle remaining flour on top of the mixture. Gently knead with your fingertips, just bringing together the mixture until flour is incorporated through.
Divide dough into 4 parts. Take one part and roll into a long, 1″ diameter log. Cut gnocchi into 1″ pieces.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. when butter is just lightly browned, add gnocchi in single layer. Fry on one side for 2 minutes, flip. Add chilli. Fry other side for 1-2 minutes. Serve with a sprinkling of lemon zest, parmegiano and parsley.