Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
- Minced fresh parsley: 1 Tablespoons
- Lemon juice: 1 1/4 Tablespoons
- Garlic cloves, minced: 2 Each
- Pink salad shrimp, cooked, shelled: 1/2 Pounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1/4 Cups
- Asparagus, woody stem ends removed: 1 Pounds
- Salt and black pepper to taste: 1 Pinches
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and salt it well. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus to a bowl to cool. Add the shrimp to the pot of boiling water. If they are pre-cooked, remove after 30 seconds-this is just to warm them. If the shrimp are uncooked, boil them for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the shrimp and add them to a large bowl.
Slice the asparagus spears thinly on the diagonal until you get close to the tip. Cut the asparagus tips off in one piece. Put the asparagus in the bowl with the shrimp. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Add more lemon juice if desired, to taste.