- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 boneless chicken breasts, hammered thin
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 4 green chilies, whole
- 4 garlic cloves, julienned
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, julienned
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt, to taste
Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan. Add chicken and fry for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly browned but not cooked through.
Add cilantro, spring onions, green chilies, garlic cloves, ginger, yogurt, chili powder, and salt; mix well.
Cover the pan and cook on medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry. Remove the lid and continue to cook the chicken on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until oil is released from the sides.
Serve hot with naan, pita bread, or basmati rice.
- Boneless chicken cubes or whole chicken, chopped into 12 to 14 pieces, can replace chicken breasts.