- 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound thin-sliced skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 can (10½ ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze ¼ cup juice from the lemon.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Stir the garlic, stock, lemon juice, lemon zest and soup in the skillet. Add the spinach and cook and stir until the spinach is wilted. Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Serving Suggestion: This dish is delicious served over hot cooked brown rice or whole grain pasta.
- Make Ahead Freezer Meal: Make and freeze the sauce mixture ahead to save time at dinner! Place a quart-size resealable freezer bag into a small bowl (this will hold it in place while you fill it). Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, stock and soup and stir. Seal the bag (removing all air) and freeze. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before adding to the skillet in Step 3.