Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil: 1 Tablespoons
- Bulk sweet Italian sausage, or other sausage: 1/2 Pounds
- Onion, sliced thin: 1 Each
- Large garlic cloves, sliced thin: 2 Each
- Kale, center thick rib removed, leaves roughly chopped: 1 Pounds
- Chicken or vegetable stock: 1/2 Cups
- 15-ounce can of white beans, rinsed and drained: 1 Each
- Salt and pepper: 1 Pinches
Heat the olive oil in a large sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat and add the bulk sausage; if you can’t find bulk sausage, remove the casings on the links. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the onion slices and turn the heat to high. Cook until the edges of the onions brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the kale, sprinkle salt over everything, then add the chicken stock. Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
Uncover, mix everything well (the kale will have cooked down by now) and add the beans. Cover the pot again and lower the heat to low. Cook another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.