Yield: 6 servings
- All-purpose flour: 1 Tablespoons
- Divided butter or margarine: 2 Tablespoons
- Dry mustard: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Elbow macaroni: 8 Ounces
- Breadcrumbs: 1/2 Cups
- Ground cayenne pepper: 1 Pinches
- 12-ounce can Spam, diced: 1 Each
- Milk: 2 Cups
- Paprika: 1/8 Teaspoons
- Sharp cheese, diced: 1/2 Pounds
- Salt: 1/4 Teaspoons
Heat oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
In casserole, stir together Spam and macaroni.
In medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Blend in flour, salt, mustard, black pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in milk; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and boils. Add cheese; cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Pour over Spam mixture; mix well.
In microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; stir in breadcrumbs and paprika. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.