- 2 slices bacon
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10½ ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) low sodium cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces baby spinach (about 10 loosely packed cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook the bacon in a deep skillet over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Crumble the bacon. Reserve the drippings in the skillet.
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the drippings in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and red pepper and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the soup and stock and heat to a boil. Stir in the beans. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the spinach and lemon juice and cook until spinach is wilted. Season to taste. Sprinkle with the bacon.