Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
- Dried penne pasta: 3 Ounces
- Salt: 1 Pinches
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1/4 Cups
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Leeks, white and light green parts only, cleaned, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise: 2 Each
- Honey: 1 Cups
- Mixed peppercorns: 1 Tablespoons
- Bone-in chicken thighs: 1 Pounds
- Large carrots, peeled and sliced into long and thin matchsticks, about 1 cup: 2 Each
- Roughly chopped, roasted and salted almonds: 3/4 Cups
- Finely chopped basil: 1 Tablespoons
- Finely chopped parsley: 1 Tablespoons
- Sherry vinegar: 2 Tablespoons
- Mixed baby lettuces: 2 Cups
- Ground black pepper: 1 Pinches
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, drain, toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, honey, and peppercorns and season with a little salt. Cook until the leeks are soft, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and set aside.
Grill the chicken on high heat for about 10 minutes per side, or until slightly charred. Reduce the heat and cook for an additional 12 to 16 minutes, basting frequently with the honey-leek glaze, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool; once cool, discard the skin, remove the meat from the bones and shred.
Stovetop Instructions: Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and sear the chicken thighs, skin-side down, until golden-brown, about 2 to 4 minutes. Turn the thighs over, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Proceed shredding the chicken as instructed above.
Place the vinegar and herbs in a large bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add the meat, carrots and almonds. To serve, toss with the mixed greens, cooked pasta and some salt and ground black pepper to taste.