- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix in potatoes and onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Per Serving: 283 calories; protein 6.8g; carbohydrates 40.7g; fat 11g; cholesterol 62mg; sodium 245.5mg.
- Great combine with bratwurst or other German sausage.