Yield: 8 servings
- Olive oil: 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- Medium zucchiini, cubed: 1 Each
- Clove garlic, minced: 1 Each
- Large tomatoes, cored: 8 Each
- Small sweet onion, chopped: 1 Each
- Fresh red chile pepper, chopped: 1 Tablespoons
- 14 oz can vegetable broth: 1 Each
- Dried tarragon: 1 Tablespoons
- Dried dill weed: 2 Teaspoons
- Salt: 1 Teaspoons
- Ground black pepper: 1/4 Teaspoons
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the zucchini and garlic in the skillet until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, onion, and chile pepper, leaving a few small chunks.
In a large pot, mix the tomato puree and vegetable broth. Season with tarragon, dill, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and mix in the zucchini and garlic. Cover, and cook 45 minutes.