Source: Simply Recipes
Yield: 30 slices
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese: 8 Ounces
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese: 1 Pounds
- Chopped green onion: 1 Cups
- Mayonnaise: 1/2 Cups
- Sour cream: 2 Tablespoons
- Cloves garlic, minced: 4 Each
- Stick unsalted butter, softened to the point of being slightly melted: 1 Each
- Loaves of French, Italian or Ciabatta bread: 2 Each
In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.