Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Yield: 6 servings
- Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, Regular or 98% Fat Free: 10 3/4 Ounces
- Water: 1 1/3 Cups
- Uncooked regular long-grain white rice: 3/4 Cups
- Onion powder: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Ground black pepper: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Frozen mixed vegetables: 2 Cups
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves: 4 Each
- Shredded Cheddar cheese: 1/2 Cups
Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11 x 8-inch (2-quart) shallow baking dish.
Top with the chicken. Season the chicken as desired. Cover.
Bake at 375ºF. for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with cheese. Let casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir rice before serving.
Try It Alfredo: Use 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for Cheddar cheese. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with soup. Use broccoli flowerets for vegetables. Top chicken with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Trim It Down: Use Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead of regular soup and use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese.
Mexican: In place of onion powder and pepper use 1 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for Cheddar.
Italian: In place of onion powder and pepper use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for Cheddar.