- 500g (18 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, or 1 head of fresh broccoli, chopped into florets
- 250g (9 ounces/2 cups) frozen peas
- 500ml (17 fluid ounces/2 cups) vegetable stock
- Leaves from 5 sprigs of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 200ml (7 fluid ounces/generous ¾ cup) canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- Hulled hemp seeds, to serve
- Coconut milk, to drizzle
Put broccoli florets, peas and vegetable stock into a large saucepan. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for approximately 3–5 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked but still al dente.
Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the coriander leaves, coconut milk, coconut butter and miso paste. Transfer to a blender or use a hand blender to purée the soup until smooth.
Serve the soup with a sprinkle of hemp seeds and a drizzle of coconut milk.