- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 can (10½ ounces) condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (amount divided in recipe steps below)
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed (about 22 ounces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- ⅓ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Heat the oven to 350°F. While the oven is heating, cook the bacon and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp. Spoon off any fat.
- Stir the bacon mixture, soup, sour cream, 4 tablespoons butter, potatoes, broccoli, green onion and cheese in a large bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir the panko and remaining butter in a small bowl. Spoon the potato mixture into a lightly greased 9x9x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the panko mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the panko mixture is golden brown.