- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (from 16-ounce jar) or salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken with salt to taste over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned.
Add remaining ingredients except cheese; stir to combine. Spread in baking dish. Cover baking dish with foil.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of casserole reads 165°F. Top with cheese, and recover with foil. Let rest at room temperature about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. If desired, serve over rice with favorite chili toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream, yogurt, salsa, guacamole.
- Swap out cannellini or kidney beans for an equally tasty dish. And for a bolder flavor, add a can of chopped green chiles, and swap the mozzarella for feta.
- Serve with tortilla chips on game day for a hearty chili dip.