Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Yield: 6 servings
- Water: 1/2 Cups
- Chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained: 15 Ounces
- Condensed chicken broth: 10 1/2 Ounces
- Ground cinnamon: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Large tomato, coarsely chopped: 1 Each
- Crushed red pepper: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Raisins: 1/2 Cups
- Sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4″ half-slices: 1 Pounds
- Cloves garlic, minced: 2 Each
- Sliced onions: 2 Cups
- Vegetable oil: 1 Tablespoons
- Coarsely chopped spinach: 4 Cups
Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender.
Add potatoes and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes. Add raisins, cinnamon, red pepper, broth and water. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes.
Add chickpeas and spinach. Heat through. Serve over cooked rice or couscous, if desired.