Source: Trader Joe’s
Yield: 4 servings
- Box of Chicken Broth: 1 Each
- Wild Rice: 1 Cups
- Sage leaves: 2 Each
- French Thyme: 1/2 Teaspoons
- TJ’s 21 Seasoning Salute: 1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt and Pepper: 2 Pinches
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 3 Tablespoons
- Butter: 1 Tablespoons
- Package of Sliced Mushrooms: 1 Each
- Balsamic Vinegar: 1 Tablespoons
- Package of Butternut Squash: 1 Each
- Nutmeg: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Fully Cooked Turkey Breast, chopped: 2 Cups
- Can Corn: 1 Each
- Container Turkey Gravy: 1 Each
- Cranberry Sauce: 2 Pinches
- Fried Onion Pieces: 2 Pinches
Bring 4 cups of chicken broth or water to a boil. Add wild rice, sage, thyme, 21 seasoning salute, salt and pepper. Bring broth back to a boil and then decrease heat to simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile heat olive oil and butter in a medium pan on medium-high heat, and sautÃ© mushrooms until caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Drizzle mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and set aside.
Prepare butternut squash using microwave directions. Carefully remove from bag and place into a bowl and sprinkle with nutmeg. Cover and set aside.
Warm 2 cups of turkey in the microwave, for about 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
Warm corn using preferred method. Cover and set aside. Once rice is done, add turkey gravy and stir.
After all items are cooked or heated, you are ready to build your Thanksgiving bowls: use the wild rice and turkey gravy as a foundation and layer cranberry sauce and all other ingredients in rows. Top with fried onion pieces.