- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 can (10½ ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups frozen fried potato nuggets
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about ½ cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- Heat the oven to 425°F. While the oven is heating, cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the soup, ketchup and Worcestershire in the skillet. Top with the potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Sprinkle with the cheese. Top with the tomato and green onions just before serving.
- Make Ahead Freezer Meal: Cook the beef mixture as directed and transfer to a baking pan. Let cool completely, wrap tightly and freeze. Top with frozen potatoes before baking. From frozen, bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Or, thaw in the refrigerator, bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Top with the tomato and green onions.
- Recipe Note: If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, you can cook the beef mixture in a regular skillet, then spoon it into an 11x7x2-inch baking dish before baking as directed.